Quality of Life: Community, Wellness, Environmental Responsibility
We include a section on community on our website because it is a vital part of our company culture.
A cornerstone of Prima’s culture is quality of life—which, in addition to meaningful work, requires that we encourage our employees to have meaningful lives outside of work. Thus, it is important that we support the communities where we live and the organizations and events where we spend our time.
Below is a list of some of the organizations in which our employees are involved; Prima also makes donations to employees’ favorite charities upon request.
- American Cancer Society
- Bread for the Journey of SW Michigan
- Gryphon Place
- Homes For Our Troops
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Prevention Works
- SPCA of Southwest Michigan
- Southwest Michigan Land Conservancy
- West Michigan Cancer Center
Another component of quality of life is wellness. Prima encourages healthy, active lifestyles through our virtual triathlon, where employees are encouraged to walk / run, bike, rollerblade, and swim. Each August, employees track their mileage via our website as we collectively take a virtual journey complete with real prizes and plenty of recognition. Other companies have contacted us about doing a similar program; email us if you’d like more information on this unique event for your organization!
Our strong sense of community and corporate culture is a result of Prima’s approach to business—we value not just profit, but also people and our earth. To positively impact the planet, we practice green initiatives such as:
- Assisting clients in the fast-growing organics, recycling, and reclamation markets.
- Working locally for geographically remote clients.
- Recycling whenever possible.
- Four-day workweeks and work-at-home options.
- Charitable contributions.